POPLpalooza: Five MPI-SWS papers at POPL 2018 + a new record!
In 2018, MPI-SWS researchers authored a total of five POPL papers:
- Parametricity versus the Universal Type. Dominique Devriese, Marco Patrignani, Frank Piessens.
- Effective Stateless Model Checking for C/C++ Concurrency. Michalis Kokologiannakis, Ori Lahav, Kostis Sagonas, Viktor Vafeiadis.
- Monadic refinements for relational cost analysis. Ivan Radicek, Gilles Barthe, Marco Gaboardi, Deepak Garg, Florian Zuleger.
- Why is Random Testing Effective for Partition Tolerance Bugs? Rupak Majumdar, Filip Niksic.
- RustBelt: Securing the Foundations of the Rust Programming Language. Ralf Jung, Jacques-Henri Jourdan, Robbert Krebbers, Derek Dreyer.
Furthermore, with the „RustBelt“ paper, MPI-SWS faculty member Derek Dreyer cements a 10-year streak of having at least one POPL paper each year, breaking the all-time record of 9 years previously held by John Mitchell at Stanford. Congratulations Derek!